If you want to play Counter-Strike 1.6 NONSTEAM on STEAM (Free), you need this guide. First you need the following files: -CS NONSTEAM 1.6 base install (cs16full_v7.exe) (File 1). -CS NONSTEAM 1.6 v18 patch (cs16patch_full_V18B.exe) (File 2). -The modified STEAM files [Attached]
- Install Half-Life If you dont have it already.
- Install the "cs16full_v7.exe" (File 1). After you do that, install the cs16patch_full_18b.exe patch (File 2)
Note: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU FOLLOW THESE STEP BY STEP!
- Download the steam files (File 3). It is time to create an account using the steam application. Then login and logout. After that, extract the file 3 to folder C:Program FilesValve.
- Now, edit the steamapp.cfg: Just fill out the information you supplied with your account here.
[as is clearified later on, this should be your email address:]
email@example.com SteamAppUser=Account name here SteamUserPassphrase="your password" ==================================
- Now, go into your Steam install path (C:\Program Files\Steam) and copy the Clientregistry.blob file to C:\Program Files\Valve. You can exit steam if you want.
- Now, create a shortcut with the following:
C:\Program Files\Valvehl.exe -steam -game cstrike.
Now click on shortcut to play CS.